Monday, July 09, 2007

Times are changing

With the way our lives are changing on all dimensions this picture captures a fact of life that we all should remember at all times।

They say change is the only permanent thing .. I totally agree.. And I also agree that with change comes the need to learn new thins and also to unlearn old things..


What we need to unlearn is probably a million times more difficult as compared to what we need to learn. Also, the quantum of what we need to unlearn is also a million times more than what we need to learn.


What we need to unlearn varies from person to person and culture to culture. For some they might need to unlearn big things like how they look at life at large and for some it might be limited to smaller things like how they need to manage their work on a day to day basis. This list I feel can be limitless and keeps on growing for all of us with every passing day. Refraining myself from going into more generic details I am just wondering that maybe I as a person also need to list down what I need to unlearn. The way every night I think about what I have learnt new in the day I should also think about what I need to unlearn today.


Before we walk this long and unending road of shedding unwanted and obsolete thoughts and unlearning things, I feel, that what we need to do foremost is we need to keep ourselves open enough ..


What is that you want to unlearn today????

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BOB DYLAN

"Come gather 'round people
Wherever you roam
And admit that the waters
Around you have grown
And accept it that soon
You'll be drenched to the bone.
If your time to you
Is worth savin'
Then you better start swimmin'
Or you'll sink like a stone
For the times they are a-changin'"


1 comment:

Preeti Shenoy said...

Being open to new ideas, new thoughts,new experiences truly ate the things tht help you grow.

What i want to unlearn (or learn) is to pay less attention to my EGO--and to be more humble, a bit more kinder and make this world a slightly better place.(as cliched as it may sound--thats truly what I want to learn to do)