Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Moon God, Lord Brahma, My wife and Fosters

This is a disclaimer .. I have written this for laugh value .. not with any intention of hurting anybody's sentiments.. if you feel hurt .. plz move on .. and open up yourself .. this place is a blog and is for me to capture my thoughts the way i want it ..
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just came across an interesting website (http://www.webonautics.com) which captures various aspects of characters (Read: Gods / Lesser Gods) of the Indian Mythology.

Among the listing of Lesser Gods I came across the details of the Moon GOD. His name is Chandra or SOMA. Just a Few facts about him:

1 - Soma is identified by Amrit (Nector)
2 - His second hand carries Nector (or Soma)
3 - It is said that 6000 dieties feed on SOMA or nector to achieve immortality
4 - His Fan Following was huge .. Lord Indra was one of them
5 - He is associated with the "underworld"
6 - Soma or the nector combines two aspects - a) Gods derive their strength from this drink and b) this drink also makes them wax and wain.
7 - Soma was banished from to the outer spaces by Brahma. (A sign of ban on intoxicants in heaven :) )

It's the fact no 7 that caught my attention. Somehow I found it interesting that as per the Indian mythology Soma is the producer and distributor of intoxicants. He was involved in a highly profitable trade (As would be expected in any monopoly. He had a huge fan following and highly satisfied clientele. The following testimonial by his clients in one of our vedas is a proof of the same:

"This Soma is a god; he cures
The sharpest ills that man endures.
He heals the sick, the sad he cheers,
He nerves the weak, dispels their fears;
The faint with martial ardour fires,
With lofty thoughts the bard inspires;
The soul from earth to heaven he lifts :
So great and wondrous are his gifts,
Men feel the god within their veins
And cry loud in exulting strains :
'We've quaffed the Soma bright
And are immortal grown :
We've entered into light,
And all the gods have known.
What mortal now can harm,
Or foeman vex us more ?
Through thee, beyond alarm,
Immortal god, we soar. '"


But.. coming to the meat of it ... his business had a shadow cast on it .. the shadow came in the form of a regulator (Read: Brahma) who ensured that Soma's monopoly was broken down, or atleast curtailed. The regulator said .. Out you go .. Thy shall not run your business freely in my territory (Probably Lord Soma should have entered a structured revenue sharing model with the regulator)..

Anyways lets not get into what could have been done ...Instead lets look at what has happened after that iron hand of the regulator came into the picture..cut forward a Zillions years:

Lord Soma of yester years has been replaced by beer companies. (My top choice Fosters - hence the coverage in the title). This makes me think that could it be that The moon God SOMA has smartly moved on to earth and started setting up various beer companies like fosters????? I think we should have a re-look at the holding structure of these companies...

I seriously am beginning to think that this might be true. And I have a supporting argument for that.. Where there is Lord Soma there is Lord Brahma .. I feel Lord Brahma has taken the entire "amrit" thing to his heart.. That is why no matter where Lord Soma goes Lord Brahma follows. He follows to bring in regulation. And there is another dimension to it .. the moon god decided to play smart and have many "avatars" simultaneously on earth.. he is all around in form of various Liquor barons.. But then Lord Brahma has also adopted the same strategy.. he has also decided to take many avatars.. He is there as our mother, father, girlfriend, wives etc ... My case is no different.. Its just that there is an ironical twist to it .... My wife is the regulator.. she is the one who has banished "Amrit" from my life. But the twist is that her name is SOMA... What does it mean ??? I think I don't need to answer this .. it is self explanatory . isn't it????

I am just wondering .. that if my hypothesis is right .. and Lord Soma is constantly on a look out for ways to stay two steps ahead of Lord Brahma .. then how do i use my learnings from him to stay a step ahead (for having my fair share of amrit) of the Lord Brahma avatar at my place.

2 comments:

Preeti Shenoy said...

This was hilarious.

Its simple--Just stock up your place with Old monk,absolut,smirnoff, Fosters--and get Lord Brahma addicted.Make him really comfortable.(Big silky cushions).Throw in a Mallika sherawat or a rakhee sawant to pour the drinks. Nice music in the background(again 'nice' being defined by what is 'nice to bramha'--not to you and me--er--maybe vedic chants?!!)
And lo behold, Brahma becomes a permanent resident at your place
:-)

Vasu said...

So, after all the adventures with beer in Europe, you still like Fosters? :)

Cheers!
Vasu