Friday, July 06, 2007

Begining of a journey for Sachiel Bhagat

Date: 3rd July 2007

Event: 1st day at school (Play) for Sachiel Bhagat

I remember that when we were kids we never had to go through things like play school. Thank God for that. But play school or regular school. First day is always a big event. A big big occasion for our lives. But when we grow up we may not remember how we felt on our first day. But as parents we definitely go through a million emotions when we see our kids got to school. It varies from excitement, happiness, joy to being scared. To be scared is one emotion that hits first. My case is no different as of now.

School life opens a million doors to you. At every step you see a new door. Some times you can see them from miles and sometimes you have to search for them. And it is this journey between these doors that decide what and who we are. As a father, I look forward to my son’s journey through all these doors. And, hope that no matter what path he chooses, it should be a journey full of life and events that would help him in becoming a good human being.

In the end - I hope and pray to the almighty above that this is a beginning of a wonderful life for Jr. Bhagat. I hope he goes way beyond what I can and will ever achieve in my life. And as a father, I know that there may be times when he will have to make a certain journey himself (no matter how much I would I want to accompany him). But I also know that if I am not accompanying him on a journey, then I would always be available to him as a guide, friend and a facilitator.


God Bless you my son and best of luck to a life full of life itself.

2 comments:

Preeti Shenoy said...

Yes.It is indeed the start of a journey of a lifetime.It is so momentous, so emotional,so moving, a bit humbling, apprehensive,exciting, numbing --all at the sametime to waych your little one walk away, into SOMEONE ELSE'S CARE--even if it is for a few hours.
Only when one is a parent can one relate to this feeling.

All the very best to Sachiel.More than Sachiel, all the very best to his dad and mom!

and here is the link to a wonderful and famous letter that abraham linclon wrote to his son's teacher.
Abraham Lincoln's letter

Unknown said...

Seeing kids grow is a pleasure to the heart. Every new step a child takes brings him closer to the realistic world. It makes him aware of the newer obstacles and at the same time also think and judge of what has been left behind.

The combination of these small steps that a child takes creates the path for him where he meets many people, some accompany him while others leave him halfway and diversions and eventually paves a complete journey.

It is for us not spoon feed, but to guide them on the right track.

I am happy that Sachiel has the rights guides for himself and wish him all the best on the journey that he has embarked upon.