Thursday, September 06, 2007

Carcass of a relationship

I am not sure why I wrote this. I guess one of the reasons is that one of my friends is just going through a separation after 4 years of relationship. His reasons are different but somehow when such things happen they do pull you down somewhat. Having said this, I still feel that the best way to overcome such things is to be strong, positive, and not being vindictive. Our mind is funny – at one hand it somewhere leads you on a path to hurt but it can also help you to overcome deepest of wounds as long as we want to. When things fall apart it is good to Smile and just move on.

“Carcass of a relationship”

The scream of the memory and the ashes of his dreams
Haunted his nights and burnt him from inside.

The battle in his mind and the execution of emotions
Defeated his innocence and made his soul cry.

The carcass of a relationship and the treason of promises
Crucified his trust and shook his cores inside.

The mirage of happiness and the reality of betrayal
Pierced his heart and ended his Life

--- Vinny 06.09.07

4 comments:

vijeta said...

I agree with u, its not only the relationship that dies, its a part of you that dies. What stays with you is hope.
The Phoenix rises from its ashes and marks beginning to a new world.

Preeti Shenoy said...

Coincidentally one of my close friends too is going through a separation after 12 years of marriage.But somehow I dont think I'll be sending him this poem--it is true, but a bit depressing.

Anonymous said...

aahh the sorrow of a death; sometimes, I think - the pain remains even after the body is death - the ephemeral pain of broken love!

shailu said...

The pangs of separation!! quite meaningful and depressingly true