Friday, January 05, 2007

Ticket to ride Twenty - Oh - Seven

Ups and Downs
They make you smile

They make you frown

But Life is such a funny bitch

To LIVE it .. you have to DROWN


These lines have no poetic sense.. but they make realistic sense .. they may not rhyme .. but they are worth every dime .. Atleast to me ...

These are the thoughts, running through my head, as I book my tickets before embarking on a new journey - a transition from Twenty - Oh - Six to Twenty - Oh - Seven. ... This transition will mean different things to different people .. for some it may bring in hope of a better life.. for some it may mean looking forward to more joy .. or for some it may mean leaving behind something dear to them ....

Looking back I can say that Twenty - Oh - Six was fair to me ... it gave me joy at one hand .. and sorrow at another... it made me laugh ... it made me cry.. it took some people away from me .. and it gave me new friends .. on times it made me calm .. and on others it made me as mad as a raging bull... it closed many a doors.. but opened many a other ... life completed many a circle in 2006 for me ..

And, Looking into future .. Twenty - Oh - Seven... am sure like its old friend .. it will also not disappoint me .... it will be my master .. it will be my slave .. it will be my friend .. it will be my foe .. and it will also complete many more circles .. Overall, I look at the future with optimism standing heads and shoulders above the fears waiting to pounce upon my dreams ... and I Pray to the Lord above that he gives me the strength to be a good human being...

And this rare picture from Burma captures my thoughts for the coming year ....


No comments: